Monday, October 31, 2011

Crocheted Remembrance Poppies

Last year, around this time, I decided to put my crochet hobby to good use, and make a few poppies to sell to family and friends, to raise a few quid for Help for Heroes and The British Legion.  I did better than I thought, and was able to send £180 to these charities !

So this year, I decided to get my act together in advance, and made a hundred poppies, with a fund raising targe of £250.  My sisters volunteered to sell some at their places of work, and I listed the rest on Ebay.  That was last Monday.  They had all sold by Friday, so we have smashed the target !  I have been madly crocheting in every spare minute I can find, and roped my Mum in last night to help stick the brooch pins on the back and to bag them up.  It's not even November yet, I can see me having some very late nights and very sore hands before long !  Well worth it though......I'm *secretly* hoping that we can raise £500.00 this year.

If you would like to purchase one, please see my Ebay page here  And you can follow the progress of how much money we made on my Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment